Saturday, December 19, 2009

T Minus One Week

Today in Israel it's sunny and sixty-five.

Here, we're shoveling snow.

Welcome to An Account of My Travels, the official record of my pilgrimage to the Holy Lands.

Holy Lands plural, you say?

Yes, from December 26th to May 10th, I will be traveling through Egypt, Jordan, Israel and the West Bank, Turkey, Greece, and Italy.

My route begins with a flight to Cairo, where I will be on a tour for two weeks with my parents. This tour will take us through Luxor, Cairo, Sinai, Petra, and throughout Israel. Then, it's three months virtually alone in Israel- save for a week-long visit from my girlfriend Maria- where I'll pray, hike, dig, and take in as much of the land as possible. From there it's two weeks in Turkey, ten days in Greece, and two weeks in Italy.

I have very little idea of when I'll have internet access, but I hope I can update this blog as often as possible so that everyone can get an idea of where I am and where I'm going.

Update in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment