Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quick Travel Update

Hopefully I'll finish posting on the Paschal Triduum soon, but I wanted to offer everyone concerned an actual real-time update.

I left St. George's at 6:45 this morning, and after the most thorough and invasive security check of my life (more later) followed my two flights, I arrived in Kusadasi (Ku-shah-da-suh) this evening around 6pm. Judging from the delightful experiences aboard Turkish Airlines, the friendliness of the staff here at the hostel, and the absolute, unbelievable beauty of the countryside between Izmir Airport and here, Turkey is going to be a lovely country.

Well tomorrow I'm going by ferry to the island of Patmos, and I have no idea whether I'll have internet there. But I'll be back here two nights later, so I should be in reasonable contact.

Happy Bright Week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment