Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Feast of Pentecost!

I have yet to post those final reflections on my pilgrimage, but I wanted to let everyone know I'm still working on it while I'm down here with Maria in Gainesville, FL.

So Happy Feast of Pentecost to everyone! We went to an Anglican Church in North America parish today so we could partake of the Sacrament of Holy Communion (her parish doesn't have communion every week). It was a very nice traditional service; far too low church for my taste, but all the essentials were there.

Today we remember that our life as the church is empowered by the Holy Spirit, the first-fruits of the transformation of the new creation, the sign of the first-fruits of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the forerunner and guarantor of our own resurrection destiny. And we celebrate as well the incorporation of Gentiles into the people of God through the outpouring of the Spirit who makes alive by grace through faith apart from the works of the law. Unpack that dense and wonderful truth as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment